Q.1. What is the Market Opportunity in this space?
- The contribution of organically grown food towards the better health of human beings – in partnership with nature – is well known.
- This Company (the Global Poverty Management Private Limited) aims to ensure a remarkable increase in the number of farmers growing their crops by Organic (Natural) means of farming in Bihar state in India – spanning 94,168 SQ Km of Plain and Fertile land.
- After registering its success in Bihar state (and gaining experience); this Company could expand its activity to other states (agro–climatic zones) in India.
- The amount of socially relevant funds for India in the form of Social Venture Capital funds and investments from Impact Investment funds from across the world are projected to greatly increase in the coming decades and centuries.
- This effort would inspire the residents of Bihar state to raise their own agribusinesses in their areas and would also support them in the process.
- The Market Opportunity for this initiative is highly promising in light of the facts mentioned above.
Q.2. What is the proof of Concept for this Venture?
- This Company is planned to be operated on suitably modified Military means of management.
- This effort would utilize the services of ex-servicemen of the Indian Army at the suitable levels for its smooth administrative execution; and suitable persons related with the ‘Art of Living’ (AOL) at the top management levels for its effective overall execution.
- Courses of the AOL have proven their effectiveness in raising the entrepreneurial spirit of populations in many states in India and in 155 countries on Planet earth.
- This effectiveness of Courses of the AOL would be leveraged by this Company to raise the domestic agricultural production of India – of organically grown produce – for all Time (Decades, Centuries and Millenniums) – for its increasing population.
Q.3. What PROBLEMS are anticipated by this effort? How are these planned to be addressed?
- A major problem that this effort anticipates is that of inadequate response from the residents of Bihar state; and apprehension of lesser profitability.
- Agriculture is not a profitable means of making money in the fertile plains of Bihar state in India; and so; the residents of the state prefer a more immediate method of earning their livelihoods – because of their poverty.
- Thus, it is seen that most of the productive population in the state migrates away from this state to other states in India or to other countries in the world to earn their daily wages.
- As per estimates; approximately 2.4 Million youths from Bihar state – from the BOP – migrate to other states in India or to other countries to earn their livelihoods as menial labour; mainly as Farm labourers or as Construction workers.
Q.4 Kindly give out a detailed analysis of this situation and the logical solution planned.
ANALYSIS OF THIS SITUATION
- The PLAIN land in Bihar state (spanning 94,168 SQ Km) has been rendered very fertile by the Silt deposited by the rivers flowing through the mountains (melting Himalayan Glaciers) over the years and is therefore very amenable to Organic farming methods.
- As such; agriculture should be the Primary profession of the residents of the state, and of its residents should be carrying out farming in their fields.
THE SOLUTION PLANNED
- BACKGROUND: Courses of the “Art of Living” (AOL – Founded by HH Sri Sri Ravi Shankar) have proven to be very effective in raising the levels of entrepreneurship in populations in many states in India and in more than 155 countries on Planet Earth.
- Courses of the AOL would be conducted FREE OF COST in Bihar state in India in a well coordinated manner by this Company.
- The residents of Bihar state would be inspired to stop going to places outside their state; and take to Organic farming in their areas; with the support of this Company.
- The Pilot Stage in this direction is being operated in Madhubani district of Bihar state.
- There is a problem that the produce grown by the farmers of Bihar state is not effectively marketed; and this Company would address this issue by buying the agricultural produce of all farmers registered with it – at competitive
Q.5. What will be the future actions of the Company when the farmers from Madhubani district of Bihar state fill their applications its website?
This Company would:
- Periodically (on Monthly, Quarterly or Half-yearly basis) get all plans submitted on its website; studied and analysed by specialists in the local conditions in Madhubani district of Bihar state.
- Select the most promising farmers after their ground verifications.
- All other submissions which have not been selected could be advised; depending on the number of applications.